THIS EVENT IS CANCELLED OUT OF CONCERNS FOR COVID-19 AND NEW NEW YORK STATE GUIDELINES
The GBID is hosting the 26th annual Light Up Geneva Auction on Thursday, November 19th with two twists: the event will now be a paired chef and wine dinner; and we will celebrate our 35th birthday!
The GBID continues to enhance its beautification and environmental sustainability efforts and will be morphing the annual holiday fundraiser into a “year-round beautification and sustainability” fund that ensures downtown Geneva is a welcoming place to work, live and visit.
This year’s Light Up Geneva, “Making Our Community Shine Year-Round” will be a ticketed dinner for up to 50 guests in festive holiday attire. The menu includes five courses prepared by Ramada chef Josh Hurlburt:
- 1st Course: Billsboro Chardonnay (2018 ) paired with Salt baked Gulf Shrimp/ Yuzu Kasho Aioli/ Herb Salad
- 2nd Course: Boundary Breaks Ovid Line North Medium Dry Riesling paired with Roasted Pork Belly/ Green Apple Dashi/ Szechuan Peppercorn/ Pickled Mushroom
- 3rd Course: Fox Run Lemberger (2018) paired with Bucatini al’Amatriciana- guanciale/tomato/chili flake/fresh pecorino/ egg yolk bucatini pasta
- 4th Course: Buttonwood Grove Cabernet Franc (2018) paired with fresh Horseradish Root Braised Short Rib/ Maple Parsnip Puree’/ Micro Herb Gremolata
- 5th Course: Three Brothers Stoney Lonesome Sec Carbonated Chardonnay (2019) paired with Lemon Curd/ Citrus Biscuit/ Chantilly Cream/ Macerated Berries
The event will feature two live auction packages for guests to bid on. Sponsorship opportunities are available, contact Michael for more details.
Lastly, the Geneva BID received its federal nonprofit designation on November 19, 1985. So we will celebrate our 35th anniversary on this evening with some special activities.