The Geneva BID (GBID) and Geneva Merchants Association will host a week of activities starting with Shop Small Saturday and running through the traditional Friday evening Jingle in Geneva. The City of Geneva typically hosts a tree lighting and Santa visit on the first Friday in December, which the GBID branded “Jingle in Geneva.” Unfortunately, the current COVID-19 crisis precluded the city from holding those public gatherings so the GBID and Merchants Association decided to develop some safe online and in-person activities to foster a festive experience this holiday season, while also helping our struggling downtown small businesses.
Out of this planning came a week of activities called “Shop Small to Boost Us All” and Jingle in Geneva Week. The #commit2geneva campaign will guide all activities, ensuring COVID-19 prevention best practices are followed by merchants, and customers in turn. Here is a recap of what you can expect throughout the week:
- Shop Small to Boost Us All (Saturday, November 28th): shopping local is critical to ensuring the long-term health of our downtown businesses and driving tax revenue in Geneva that benefits us all. Downtown merchants will offer a range of specials and unique gifts – read on for more details and visit the website and Facebook page of your favorite businesses to see what they are doing
- Ugly Sweater Contest: downtown merchant employees and customers are encouraged to wear their favorite ugly sweater throughout the week to be entered into drawings for specials and prizes. GBID staff and local merchants will take your photo and share it to social media using the hashtag #genevauglysweater for entry into a daily drawing
- Jingle in Geneva Treats: the Geneva BID will host a goodies table from 5:30 to 8:00pm December 4th including cider, donuts, sweets, and treats – and local choir members will be performing socially distanced around downtown.
Additional activities by participating merchant includes:
Kicking off the holiday season with an early opening at 4:00pm on Black Friday. And earn special rewards Sunday and Monday (Nov. 29th and 30th) when you bring in your downtown merchant receipt: $25 or less = glass of wine; $26 to $50 = free appetizer; $51 to $100 = free bottle of house wine; and $101 and up = free dessert for your whole dining party.
Offering a gift Certificate sale on Shop Small Saturday November 28th: buy a $100 Gift Certificate and get a $25 FREE Gift Certificate; and buy a $50 Gift Certificate and get a $10 FREE Gift Certificate
Will be offering 20 percent off of all jewelry on Shop Small Saturday. And Dec. 1st to 10th will offer 20 percent off all jewelry purchases if customers bring in an unwrapped unused toy for the PBA Toy Drive. Socially distanced Sunday’s: 20 percent off entire online purchase on Nov. 29th and Dec 6th only (use code STAYHOME)
Offering their customers 20 percent off entire purchase Nov. 30th to Dec. 6th with extended shopping hours on Friday Dec. 4th from 10:00am to 8:00pm and Saturday Dec. 5th from 10:00am to 6:00pm. Spend $50 dollars or more and receive a free gift (while supplies last)
Will be open during the following hours: Wednesday through Friday 10:00am to 4:00pm; and Saturday 10:00am to 3:00pm; Shop Small Saturday: open 10:00am to 3:00pm. Wear an ugly sweater any day and receive 10 percent off your purchase
Participating in the “Thanks for Giving” program benefiting Operation Warm Veteran. The merchant will collect new and used coats, hats, gloves, blankets, quilts and non-perishable snack foods to help make it a warm and happy holiday for local veterans. Bring in a donation and you will be entered into a door prize drawing (grand prize is a quilt!). Donations can be dropped off Tuesday through Saturday from 9:00am to 5:00pm until December 11th.
Offering chef and sommelier curated experiences for every holiday moment through the F.L.X. Virtual Market:
- Give the Gift of a Graze Box this Holiday Season: a curated feast of Spanish charcuterie, fresh crudité, and local and international cheeses you can pair with wine
- Wine Advent Calendar: 24 quarter bottles of Master Sommelier curated wine for each day of December leading up to Christmas; 1 half bottle of Champagne to enjoy on Christmas Day; Tech sheets sent to your inbox daily – ship within NY or pick-up at the store.
- Thanksgiving Dinner at F.L.X. Table: in our physically distanced social dining atmosphere or one of our various Private Dining options
- F.L.X. Table Thanksgiving Meal To-Go: menu will be chilled and packaged with reheating instructions, and ready Wednesday, Nov 25th at any of our 3 pick up locations in Rochester, Geneva or Ithaca
Teaming up with Tangible Wellness (local Geneva business) to give the community some hands-on healing from a certified massage therapist: Friday November 27th between noon and 2:30pm, purchase a smoothie or a Paradise Punch Specialty Tea and get a free 5 to 10-minute massage!
Hosting Facebook Live sales on Fridays (Nov. 27th and Dec. 4th) beginning at 6:30. Offering gift items, locally made or inspired products, and deeply discounted merchandise in all categories. Gift wrapping and local pickup options available. Support local, shop safe and shop small!
Bringing joy this holiday season with the “Sweet Holiday Savings” sale (Nov. 28th to Dec. 4th): shoppers receive a scratch off card and reveal their “Sweet Savings” of 25 to 50 percent off their in store purchase. Holiday shopping hours: closed Thanksgiving; Thanksgiving week Open Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 11:00 to 6:00pm; Saturdays Nov. 28th to Dec. 19th 11:00am to 7:00pm; and Sunday’s Nov. 29th to Dec. 19th 11:00am to 3:00pm
Keep an eye on this story for new participating merchants!